Friday, May 27, 2011

I Spy Fly Guy By: Tedd Arnold

I Spy Fly Guy   By: Tedd Arnold
Scholastic Inc. New York
Copy Right: 2009
(Award winner)


            Such a cute book!  The story is about a boy who has a pet fly he names “fly guy”.  He likes the fly even more because the fly can say his name…Buzzzzz.   One day while playing hide and seek fly guy hides in his favorite spot, the garbage can so he can eat at the same time.  Unfortunately for all, the garbage man comes and dumps the can in his truck.  Buzz and his dad go the dump and call for fly guy to no avail.  Finally Buzz remembers that they are still playing the game and announces “I give up, you win” and out pops fly guy.
            There are a lot of books in this series and I think most young kids would really enjoy buzz and fly guy’s adventures.  I made no text to text connection with this book.  It had such a quant and simplistic humor that no other book stood out to me.  I think children would have a great time with this book and really find it humorous that a boy and fly could be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment