Friday, May 27, 2011

Nic Bishops Butterflies and Moths By: Nic Bishop

Nic Bishops Butterflies and Moths  By: Nic Bishop
Scholastic
(Required Selection)

            This book was filled with beautiful photos. Each page gave details about life cycles, habitat, characteristic, and diet.  I can’t express how detailed and close up the photographs were.  The text is for an older audience, but the pictures would be visually stimulating for any age group. This would be a wonderful book to share with a class or use as a reference source. I did make numerous texts to text connection just based on my recent reading.  I was reminded of a recent book “cows, cats, and kids”, another book that had very descriptive photos and gave a lot of information about the subject matter.  The only text to self connection I made was reflecting on how beautiful some butterflies are and remembering when I was younger how excited I would be to have them in my yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment