Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Little Dog Poems" By: Kristine O'Connell George

“Little Dog Poems”
By Kristine O’Connell George
Clarion Books * New York 1999

            Little dog poems is a book of poems about a little girls dog she refers to as “little dog”.  While the words are not in rhyming format, each page is a new day or act by the dog. I thought this was a cute book.  I could very well see early elementary and elementary age children enjoying the story. I think many students could mirror their own animals or experiences from the book.  Young students would be able to relate to this story and find interest in it.  I think I would have enjoyed the book more had there been a more repetitive nature to it, since it did not rhyme.  The only repetitive words were that on each page the words “little dog” were used. I would give it a 2 ½ out of 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment