Sunday, May 8, 2011

"When My Name Was Keoko" By Linda Sue Park

ED204
“When My Name Was Keoko” 
By: Linda Sue Park
Random House Publishe; New York,
Copy right 2002

            When my name was Keoko is the story of a brother and sister, Sun-hee and Tae-yul.  There story took place in the 1940’s during which time Japan had occupational control of Korea.  The author tells what life was like for the siblings and the struggles they faced.  I thought this book was not only an easy read, but also an enjoyable one.  The story was touching and thought provoking.  There was a lot history in this book and I took away a lot of information that was new to me.  While this was my first book about Korea, it did give me a slight sense of other historical books written in diary form.  The story was unique and had the ability to keep the readers interest.  This would be a terrific book to read to a class.   It has the potential to spark great conversations and presents many meaningful teaching moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment